Claims Examiner I
Responsible for handling simple (less complex) pends related to all lines of business into the system for either automatic adjudication or Claim Examiner II or III intervention. Responsible for meeting all production, quality, and attendance guidelines as outlined by the claims department.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Two years related data entry OR combination of on the job work experience and medical related education to meet minimum two years required.
- Six months Amisys experience preferred.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Familiarity with claims processing manuals, medical terminology and CPT codes and basic processing procedures. Familiarity with health benefit booklets.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including claims processing software.
- Successful completion of Health Care Sanctions background check.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain high quality and production standards.
- Ability to converse and write fluently in English.