Attention: CommunityCare will be performing website maintenance Friday, Nov. 17th through Sunday, Nov. 19th. Some online documents, tools and resources will be unavailable during this time. Thank you for your patience.
Call CommunityCare at 1-877-321-0022 for more information and rate quotes.

Substance Abuse Professional Referral

A SAP who evaluates a person may not refer that person to his or her private practice, or to a place where the SAP is employed or has a financial relationship. The rules do not prohibit, however, a SAP from referring a person who tested positive for assistance through:

  • A public agency
  • The employer, or a person under contract to the employer to provide treatment for alcohol or drug problems on behalf of the employer;
  • The sole source of therapeutically appropriate treatment under the person's health insurance program; or,
  • The sole source of therapeutically appropriate treatment reasonably accessible to the person.