Director Vendor Management
The Director, Vendor Management is responsible for centrally supporting vendor selection, due diligence, contract negotiation, and ongoing internal relationship management activities relative to vendors. This position plays a key role in partnering with internal stakeholders, managing the vendors by ensuring timely execution renewals and ongoing needs. The Director, Vendor Management provides oversight of organizational contracts, vendor relations, and leading overall sourcing strategy. They will also provide oversight of policies and procedures related to this workforce, partnering with all departments to ensure alignment and management of vendor management office interactions. Provides customer focus and diligence ensuring strategic alignment of the customer experience related to vendor management operations. Works in conjunction with HR on any staffing and policies.
- Bachelor degree required. Master degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of progressive management and leadership experience.
- 5 or more years of process improvement and/or vendor management experience.
- Broad experience in the areas of analytics, negotiation, relationship management, project management, process design and redesign is required.
- Must have a proven track record of driving savings in pure cost reduction and additional cost avoidance/mitigation.
- Strong procurement experience including prior corporate procurement leadership, consulting and outsourcing space is preferred.
- Experience in the services and insurance industry is preferred.
- Utilize excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Utilize excellent interpersonal skills to create connections with vendors that can enhance our business.
- Ability to interact with colleagues to advance corporate objectives.
- Acts decisively through research and based on recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Successful completion of Health Care Sanctions background check.