Responsible for performing small group underwriting business rating activities including implementation, administration and generation of new business and renewal business rates. Review and assess group and Medicare Supplement applications and supporting documents to provide appropriate underwriting classification / insurability. Provide rationale to internal colleagues regarding specific rate computations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics or a related discipline. One year related work experience can be substituted for each year of college not completed.
- At least 3 years related experience in a managed care operation or related insurance company operation.
- Ability to administer underwriting and corporate rating procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with personnel at levels within the company.
- Successful completion of Health Care Sanctions background check.
- Proficiency in the use of automated reporting procedures including query, spreadsheet, word processing and database applications on a personal computer.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to converse and write fluently in English.