Member Engagement Specialist
Responsible for completing out-bound calls to select members and documenting efforts. May require extended, or multiple, phone calls to members. May require work on addtional projects as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalency. Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Social Science, Marketing, Business or similar profession preferred.
- Experience working with elderly or geriatrics preferred.
- Experience with "face to face" customer experience,
- Three years previous customer service experience. Managed healthcare, insurance industry, or medical office/clinic preferred.
- Prior claims examining experience preferred.
- Cross trained and functional on three or more lines of business.
- Knowledge of HMO plans, enrollment, benefits, and claims.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct a phone call using appropriate terminology and literacy level for the member, produce well-written and formatted letter.
- Demonstrated ability to relate and interact effectively with all types of individuals.
- Ability to engage a Language Line or TTY/TTD.
- Ability to maintain professional courtesy, discretion, and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Proficiency in personal computers, especially word processing applications. Ability to enter text and simple data into spreadsheet and database appplications. Ability to create simple formulas preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to type 30 wpm, testing required.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to converse and write fluently in English.
- Successful completion of Health Care Sanctions background.
Any full-time, active employee is eligible to apply as long as you have been in your current position at least 1 year, are not under formal discipline for any performance or attendance problems, and you meet with minimum requirements listed above. If you would like more information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources.