Responsible for training Member Services representatives about member health plan needs as well as providing information and education on policies, procedures, benefits, new products, updates to benefits/system and scripting for Member Services. Coordinates continuous education for Member Service representatives through group and/or individual training. This training will provide for delivery of highest quality of Member Services.
- Graduation from High School. College degree preferred.
- 5 years in a customer service capacity. Managed healthcare or insurance industry preferred.
- Previous experience in leadership role preferred.
- Prior working knowledge of claims/member related experience in managed care or insurance industry. HMO experience preferred.
- Understanding of CPT, ICD 9 and medical terminology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents including health benefit booklets.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Proficiency in using word processing and database applications on a personal computer.
- Successful completion of Health Care Sanctions background check.
- Ability to maintain and preserve information of highly confidential nature.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to converse and write fluently in English.