Member Service Representative
Under general supervision, the Member Service Representative is responsible for providing health benefits, eligibility information and general claim information to existing members. This position processes and responds to telephone inquiries from members and provides accurate and timely responses while documenting information in the member database.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Experience in the managed healthcare or insurance field preferred.
- Two years of any combination of academic education, professional training, or work experience, medical office experience or call center experience which demonstrates the ability to perform this position.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and explain health benefits in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining professional courtesy, discretion, and confidentiality at all times.
- Successful completion of Health Care Sanctions background check.
- Ability to work under general supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strong PC skills in the use of personal computers and database applications.
- Ability to converse and write fluently in English; basic punctuation and grammar skills. Bilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
- Ability to maintain production standards with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as department or training needs dictate and at the discretion of management.